SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notification 2018 is organized by SSC or Staff Selection Commission to select candidates for the post of Stenographer Grade C and D.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notification 2018
Staff Selection Commission of India (SSC) has released SSC Stenographer 2018 Official Notification on 22nd october 2018.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notification 2018 – Exam Dates
SSC has released SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Dates with its official notification.
|1||Availability of Application Form||22nd Oct 2018|
|2||Last date for registration||19th Nov 2018|
|3||Commencement of SSC Stenographer Grade C and D exam||01-02-2019 to 06-02-2019|
SSC Stenographer Online Application
SSC has activated Online Application Link for SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam on 22nd October 2018. The Last date to apply online is 19th November 2018.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notification – Vacancy
SSC will be releasing SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2018 soon. The Vacancy is expected to be same as of this year as well.
|Post Name||Initial Vacancy||Updated vacancy|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||323||1276|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||31||429|
SSC Stenographer Application Fee
The Application Fee for SSC Stenographer 2018 is Rs. 100/-(for General and OBC). Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen category as well as female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee for SSC Stenographer 2018.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notification 2018 – Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer 2018 examination will be conducted in 2 different levels.
a) The details of Computer Based Examination for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C and D are mentioned below:
|Section Asked||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
b) Skill Test in Stenography:
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will be called for the Skill Test. Commission may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Examination. The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the Skill Test for different categories of candidates.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 word per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE (Para-7)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments. Candidates have to work as English/ Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of candidate during the examination.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/ Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s) as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
The revised syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2018 was released by SSC in its notification. General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning and English Language are the three major sections.
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
|Scientific Research||Reading Comprehension||Syllogism|
|History||Para Jumbles||Decision making|
|Important Dates||Problem Solving Skills|